tl;dr: Records like content elements are not rendered if set to hidden but what about content of pages, especially of type sys folders, set to hidden? Currently those records are still rendered
The ticket Story #97780: Hide/disable sysfolder does not hide containg records - TYPO3 Core - TYPO3 Forge brought some questions up about an inconsistent behaviour regarding the checkbox hidden.
- If a record like tt_content or fe_user is hidden, it is not rendered.
- If a page is set to hidden but the page translation is not hidden, the translation is still not rendered
- if a page is hidden but it got sub pages, those are still available in the frontend
- if cObj
RECORDSis used to render a special content element which is saved on a hidden page, it is still rendered
- if the shortcut content element is used to render a content element which is saved on a hidden page, it is still rendered
- if EXT:news is configured to render news from a page which is set to hidden, those records are still rendered.
- Editors often disable a sys folder and believe the pages below are also hidden but those are still available in the frontend and e.g. in a sitemap
- The checkbox “hide” is totally useless in sys_folders because there is no change in behaviour, neither in backend nor frontend
Remove the checkbox of sys_folders because it does nothing. However this would lead to an even more inconsistent backend because it would be the only page type without the checkbox.
Leave it like it is
Change the current behaviour. See below
If a page is hidden (no matter its type), all subpages and possible records are not rendered in the frontend anymore
- Records on that or subpages, e.g. via shortcut element or cobj RECORDS
- Record selection
- What do you think about the current situation?
- What do you think about the possible solution?
- Do you got alternative ideas?