Sybille Peters is willing to take over LinkValidator.
The intention is to make the overall module easier to use, revise parts of the architecture (###MARKERS_YOU_KNOW###) and have it provide more value overall.
While digging through the code we found that it uses a serialised PHP array in its data storage.
We’d like to replace this with a JSON data structure.
Security is is most obvious benefit, being able to query and or update records directly is another one.
- Manually inserting serialised arrays will no longer work.
- Hooks for LinkValidator that insert data are out of luck.
- Add a new field for url_response (like url_response_json). Upon data retrieval we could check if unserialize of url_response returns an array and if so, transfer the data over into the JSON field.
- One place less that uses unserialize
- One attack vector less
- Arguably breaking chance.
Remarks and notes
Topic Initiator: Mathias Schreiber
Topic Mentor: Christian Kuhn