Hello TYPO3 folks,
as Extbase should be compatible with PSR-7, too, the Fluid Widgets have gone with TYPO3 11 and with this change the loved f:widget.paginate has gone, too.
Don’t get me wrong: I understand this step. I understand the need of this removal. But I will show you the problems of the current alternatives:
- TYPO3 comes with a very reduced SimplePagination. I only knows 4 links: first, back, next, last.
- It’s now the decision of each dev to implement the SimplePagination or not.
- Some devs will implement there own Pagination: https://github.com/jweiland-net/glossary2/blob/5.0.0/Classes/Pagination/GlossaryPagination.php
- Some devs will create individual TER extensions for pagination. EXT:numbered_pagination
- Some devs will only respect 1-2 pagination libraries.
- Some devs will allow changing pagination by EventListeners: Pagination — Glossary 2 master documentation
- Integrators are lost, if an extension does not support any pagination
- Integrators have to check pagination for each individual extension, how to configure and implement another pagination. See ExtConf of news
- Integrators are missing a global configuration to set a pagination for whole TYPO3 system
- Integrators are missing a configuration for an individual pagetree
In my opinion TYPO3 needs a cool and simple solution. Following just two ideas:
- Something like a PaginationRegistry
- Implement ONE good full featured pagination into core.
- Maybe you have a better idea