For some reason, “Headless” has some fashion to it that draws customers magically in and may lead to loss of customer projects for the sole reason of “not being a headless CMS”.
One thing that these solutions all have in common, though, is that as an integrator or a developer, there is some kind of overhead (be it defining the entry point or the data to go into the output) for every table you would like to access.
The idea of this initiative is to settle on an out-of-the-box solution that can simply be required and then instantly allows the user (probably frontend developer) to access all data by a single entry point (say
/api/) and have some kind of basic functionality, like listing all data from a table.
In order to ensure a quick and wide adoption of this initiative, such a solution should at least provide:
- Automated setup of entry point or wizard based setup in order to be able to define entry points
ExtbaseJsonViewconfiguration based on TCA with possibility to override the configuration of a single entity inside the domain model or in a separate configuration (based on yaml or or TypoScript) with automated paths (like
- Configurable methods, based on TCA or other configuration (e.g.
table.allowedMethods = GET,
table.allowedMethods = GET,POST,PUT,DELETE)
- Possibility to override any path (uniquely by page tree) for entity access (e.g.
- Possibility to override the entry point controller
- Possibility to override the view, in order to generate something else than json (maybe GraphQL or any other new technology that might come up in the future).
- Support for authenticated requests (Thanks to @xperseguers)
I’ve got no idea about the time this initiative may take but I’m pretty sure that any time invested in developing this would be well spent and let the product and community grow by some extent.
Happy to hear your thoughts!