At the moment we have less than 1000 Users in our LDAP (which are active typo3.org users). In our Slack we do have more then 4000 users. In order to get a better data quality and in order the introduce terms and conditions it would be good, to require a typo3.org LDAP account.
- we would get a better active user base
- we could move more traffic into talk.typo3.org, which is more visible to the outside (espec. for search engines)
- we must find a way to force existing slack users, to connect / create their typo3.org user accounts
suggested way to enforce it
- tell all users that they need to move to my.typo3.org to link their slack acounts
- Disable all exisiting users in slack
- Let users re-enable their accounts during the “linking process”
- Allow new accounts only via my.typo3.org
Remarks and notes
Add everything from the discussion that does not fit other categories.
Topic Initiator: Stefan Busemann