How to go on with dependencies in extensions?
- On extension upload there is a check if the
dependssection in ext_emconf.php has
typo3and includes an actively maintained TYPO3 version
- On a daily basis there is a check for all extensions in TER if they still support a actively maintained TYPO3 version
Definition of "actively maintained TYPO3 version"
The definition is based on the Release JSON (get.typo3.org/json).
Currently (since 2 days) these are v9 and v10.
Extensions with a dependency of v8 or earlier
- cannot be uploaded anymore
- are marked as outdated (example: https://extensions.typo3.org/extension/realurl/)
- Should we include ELTS versions (currently v7 and v8) into the definition of “actively maintained TYPO3 versions”?
- Should we handle “outdated” extensions like this as well or will they keep outdated? If yes, you can upload extensions which are outdated on upload.
- Should we narrow the dependency check down to “You have
typo3as dependency in your ext_emconf.php, you’re allowed to upload!”
- How should we handle outdated extensions then?
- You have another idea? Say it!
- Allow upload of extensions with only ELTS dependency
- Disallow upload of extensions with only ELTS dependency
- Extension versions with only ELTS dependency will be outdated
- Extension versions with only ELTS dependency will not be outdated